Galati remains an attractive center for investment, commercial and industrial projects, an excellent transit center on the eastern border of the European Union.
Some reasons advocates for Galati as investor’s point of interest:
- Galati is a gateway and transhipment point taking advantage of the Danube River, the main route inland waterway transport in Europe;
- South East region of Romania, where there is also the Free Trade Zone of Galati, is an important border with Moldova and Ukraine, thus constituting the eastern extremity of continental Europe. The border with the ex-soviet states near and Bulgaria to the south and the opening to the Black Sea, through the mouths of the Danube, may be significant opportunities for commercial, industrial and transportation investments.
- Port of Galati is the only port on the Danube’s maritime sector included in the TEN-T core network. Trans-European Transport Networks (TEN-T) is a European Union project which aims to create a complete network of road, rail and sea. The network will connect the European Union transport infrastructure, telecommunications and energy of the Member States. Creating these networks aims to link peripheral points of the EU to its central area.
- Galati is the main Romanian Danube port located between km 157 and km 145.5 on the left bank of the Danube, at Siret and Prut rivers confluence with the Danube, 7.5 km from the border with Moldova and 13 nautical miles by water to Reni port in Ukraine.
- Port of Galati is a river-sea port, open both for maritime and inland navigation and a nodal center that can make the connection between the North Sea and the Black Sea.
- Galati is located at a distance of only 250 km from Bucharest International Airport “Henri Coanda” Otopeni, and is connected to the national road and rail.
- Galaţi is the key link of Corridor VII European road and railway transport network of the former Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). The broad-gauge railway – Russian – go directly into the city’s port berths, which allow direct trans-shipment of train wagons or trucks ships. Galati Free Zone is the only free zone in Romania crossed by the broad-gauge railway – Russian railway.
- Roadways of Galaţi have direct access to the city ring road and the Customs point of Giurgiulesti located in the vicinity of the Free Zone, just 7 Km from the city center.
- Free Zone Galati and City Harbour of Galati are connected directly to Constanta port by ship through the Danube-Black Sea Canal, thus linking the southern European ( Mediterranean zone ) with Eastern Europe. Galati Free Zone – thus plays, along with the entire Port Galati, a role of feeder and transit center for the port of Constanta and trade point with the former Soviet states.
Contact us now for more details about the opportunity to lease or rent land in Free Zone
- 5 activities that bring more free trade zone benefits -
- Best ways to use a free trade zone for your business profit -
- Logistics and free trade zones. -
- Free trade zone: master the heart secrets of international trade -
- What are free trade zones and what benefits they bring to business ? -
- One more reason to open a business in Galati Free Zone -
- Port of Galati Romania and Free Zone future major logistic hub -
- Galati Free Zone – business opportunities in Romania -
- Galati – 10th place in world for broadband internet -
- Why invest in Galati ? -